Thursday, Aug 06, 2020 | Last Update : 04:35 AM IST

135th Day Of Lockdown

Maharashtra46826530552116476 Tamil Nadu2734602148154461 Andhra Pradesh1864611043541681 Karnataka151449746792804 Delhi1402321261164044 Uttar Pradesh104388605581857 West Bengal83800589621846 Telangana7095850814576 Gujarat65704485612529 Bihar6203140760349 Assam4816233429115 Rajasthan4667932832732 Haryana3779631226448 Odisha3768124483258 Madhya Pradesh3508225414912 Kerala279561629988 Jammu and Kashmir2239614856417 Punjab1901512491462 Jharkhand140705199129 Chhatisgarh10109761369 Uttarakhand8008484795 Goa7075511460 Tripura5520367528 Puducherry4147253758 Manipur301818147 Himachal Pradesh2879171013 Nagaland24056594 Arunachal Pradesh179011053 Chandigarh120671520 Meghalaya9173305 Sikkim7832971 Mizoram5022820
  India   All India  07 Dec 2019  Kin of accused upset as they couldn’t meet sons

Kin of accused upset as they couldn’t meet sons

Published : Dec 7, 2019, 1:59 am IST
Updated : Dec 7, 2019, 1:59 am IST

The four families said they were upset at not being able to meet their sons before they died.

Onlookers gather near the encounter site on Friday. (Photo: PTI)
 Onlookers gather near the encounter site on Friday. (Photo: PTI)

Hyderabad: The families of the four accused in the Disha case — Mohammad Arif, Jollu Shiva, Jollu Naveen and C Chennakesavulu — expressed shock over their encounter killing on Friday morning. All four were shot dead by Cyberabad police when they allegedly tried to escape from custody during a visit to the crime-scene. Arif was a resident of Jakler village, while the others were from Gudigandla in Makthal mandal, Narayanapet district.

The four families said they were upset at not being able to meet their sons before they died. “I would like to have talked to him once before he was killed,” Shiva’s father Ramappa said.


“Even when the police came a week ago for inquiry, we told them they can kill them. But they could have waited a few more days.”

He dismissed the police’s claim that his son and his accomplices tried to flee custody. “If they really wanted to run away, they would have tried to do so much earlier,” he said. “This claim is manufactured.”

Channakesavulu's mother too asked why the police killed her son without due process. “We agree with the police’s action,” she said. “But we were told a few days ago that we would be able to meet him next week. They could have told us before and we would have come to see him before he died.”


Chennakesavulu's wife Renuka of less than a year slammed the police. Wailing, she held a protest on the road. “The police don’t care about the law. They didn't wait for the court verdict and killed him illegally. They have no shame. Let them come, I won’t move from here,” she said.

She asked what she would do in the future. “I am pregnant. I always believed my husband would come back to me one day, even after decades. But this will not happen. What will happen to me?” she asked a reporter.

Mohammed Arif's mother was inconsolable.

“Look at what has happened to us,” she said. “Our son is lost. What will the people of the village say? We are poor people. We do daily wage labour. I curse his friends.”


Tags: cyberabad police, hyderabad encounter