Sunday, May 26, 2024 | Last Update : 04:27 PM IST


Probe begins in Thanjavur temple chariot festival electrocution incident, 11 dead

Police official said that the incident occurred after the temple car came in contact with a high voltage power line and went up in flames

27 Apr 2022 10:32 AM

MP: Several cows electrocuted, BJP leader threatens to attack electricity board's office

Bhargava seeking compensation for owners of the cattle warned the electricity board of severe protest.

26 Aug 2019 2:14 PM

Andhra Pradesh: 3 children die due to electrocution in Prakasam

This incident happened in Kopparam village in Santamagulur Mandal in Prakasam district of Andhra Pradesh.

14 Aug 2019 2:10 PM

3 dead, 5 injured as heavy rain lashes Mumbai

The BMC in its defence said it was the neap tide on Friday at 8.42 am accompanied with heavy rains that caused the waterlogging in the city.

29 Jun 2019 2:39 AM

Man electrocuted after touching iron board near electric pole in Delhi

When his friends tried to pull him away, they too got shocked.

30 Jun 2018 11:34 AM


Pre-monsoon showers lash city, claim 3 lives

The IMD has issued an advisory predicting thunderstorms accompanied with lightning, gusty winds and rain at isolated places in Thane district.

03 Jun 2018 1:28 AM

8-yr-old Thane girl dies of electrocution

The girl died after she accidentally came in contact with a live wire near her house in Bhayander.

24 May 2018 2:07 PM

Toddler dies due to ‘MBMC negligence’

According to the police the incident was reported from Ganesh Dewal Nagar, a sprawling slum cluster in Bhayandar (west) at around 1.15 pm on Tuesday.

23 May 2018 2:29 AM

Three men electrocuted to death

The bodies were sent for post-mortem. A police team inspected the pond later.

16 May 2018 12:31 AM

8-yr-old girl dies of electrocution in Thane

The girl died after she stepped on the live wire that was left unattended on the building staircase by MSEDCL personnel.

03 Apr 2018 1:16 PM


Officials booked for bhandup boy’s death

The incident had occurred outside Bhandup railway station in the afternoon of December 26 last year.

18 Mar 2018 7:19 AM

Teen electrocuted, mob torches vehicle

The incident took place at Kamarpol in Sarisha at around 3 pm.

27 Dec 2017 1:10 AM

Lovestruck Pakistani teens electrocuted by families for trying to elope

Teen lovers from Karachi killed after tribal judge ruled they were a ‘symbol of ‘dishonour’.

14 Sep 2017 5:41 PM

US teenage girl dies from using cellphone in bathtub

Madison Coe, 14 and from Lubbock, died at her father's home in New Mexico over the weekend while taking a bath.

12 Jul 2017 6:28 PM

Delhi: Jamia student dies after touching high tension wire atop a train

Police have not filed a case in the matter after Ayub's family dismissed the reports of his death being a case of selfie attempt gone awry.

07 Mar 2017 10:03 AM