In this time where good triumphs over evil, make these desserts to serve at home.
- Milk 1 littre
- Jaggery 2 kg
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Water 800 ml
- In a heavy bottommed pan, simmer milk.
- Once simmered, add lemon juice to curdle the milk.
- Strain the curdled milk in a muslin cloth, drain all the water.
- Mash it well, till it is a smooth mixture.
- Boil water, add jaggery in to it and make a syrup.
- In the meanwhile, make a small ball, cook it in the jaggery syrup till well soaked.
- It will take around 20 to 25 minutes
- Check consistency, and serve hot.
Mawa coconut roll
- Khoya (plain) 1 kg
- Sugar 300 gm
- Saffron 1 gm
- Coconut powder 100 gm
- A little lemon yellow food colour
- Take a heavy bottomed pan, heat khoya with sugar, and cook until sugar dissolves, for at least 20 minutes.
- Once its thick, cool and set aside.
- Divide into two portions.
- Take a portion and flatten it with the help of a rolling pin.
- Take another portion, add little saffron and yellow food colour.
- Mix thoroughly, flatten, and place on top of the first portion.
- Roll into a cylinderical shape, crushed with coconut powder.
- Cut into a round shape, and serve as per shown above.
— Recipes courtesy Chef Kasiviswanathan, executive chef.