A Jio customer will have to spend Rs 303 per month to access all of Jio's present services from April 1.
Mumbai: Reliance Jio that has energy giant Reliance Industries as its parent has so far spent over Rs 2 lakh crore for sustaining its two bonanza services — Welcome Offer and Happy New Year Offer.
Jio had launched its free voice calls and free data services on September 5 last year for an initial period of 90 days which the company later extended for another 90 days till March 30, 2017.
On Wednesday RIL chairman Mukesh Ambani announced that Jio has crossed its target of achieving 100 million subscriber base and that too within a short period of 170 days.
At the very same event, Ambani announced from April 1, 2017, Jio customers will have to sign up for its Primary Membership offer. Here are a few things that you should know at what cost the PM will come;
1) From April 1, 2017, a Jio customer will have to subscribe to the Primary Membership to be able to continue to access all the current Jio services in their original form.
2) He or she will have to pay a one-time sign up fee of Rs 99 for becoming a member of Jio family; sign up was earlier not required.
3) Presently Jio is providing 3.3 crore GB per day data to its users. Besides, Jio customers are also getting free voice calls and free national roaming.
4) From April 1 onwards, a Jio customer will have to shell out a meagre Rs 303 per month for accessing all the current Jio freebies that included free voice calls and data services.
5) Jio is providing a lifetime roaming free on its networks through Primary Membership.