The postmortem report revealed that Jaware died after suffering a heatstroke.
Mumbai: A 35-year-old man died due to heatstroke in Maharashtra's Akola district where the mercury has been soaring for last few says, a police official said on Sunday.
Sheshrao Jaware, a resident of Lahanumbri village in Akola, located around 580 km from here, was found unconscious outside the gate of a women's hospital there on Friday evening, he said.
He was rushed to the civil hospital where doctors declared him brought dead, he said. The postmortem report on Saturday revealed that Jaware died after suffering a heatstroke, Ramdas Path police station's senior inspector Shailesh Sapkal said.
Akola has been experiencing heat wave for the last few days, he said. On Friday, the district's maximum temperature was 46.4 degree Celsius and on Sunday it crossed 47 degree Celsius, the official said.