When it comes to makeup and rain, it not a very pleasant combination.
Have you ever been in a situation where you’re all decked up and then it starts raining? Your entire makeup gets ruined. When it comes to makeup and rain, it not a very pleasant combination. So, here are a few ways to up the ante on your makeup game and beat the blues of monsoon.
1. Do remove your makeup before sleeping. Make it a habit and it needs to be done all the time.
2. Try to use matte finish foundation. You don’t want the rain to mess your entire face.
3. Use waterproof or gel based kajal or mascara.
4. Use powder eyeshadow. Go for pastel and light colours as they are easy to maintain.
5. Blush looks the best when it is applied minimally. Try to use water resistant blushes.
6. Pick up matte or waterproof lipsticks.
7. Do apply face masks after removing your makeup as it helps to hydrate and nourish your skin.
1. Avoid applying heavy make up as it not only leads to skin woes but it might also get ruined in rain.
2. Avoid using alcohol based cosmetic products as it leads to dryness.
3. Avoid cream based blushes.
4. Stay away from cream based eye shadow as they tend to get messed up quickly.
5. Avoid applying lip-gloss during the monsoon.
6. Avoid liquid eyeliners, foundation and kajal as they might smudge easily.
– The writer is a makeup artiste