Taste the Parsi Lagan Nu Bhonu fare with these recipes you can rustle up at home to celebrate the festivities.
Ghosh nu Saas
- Oil 200 ml
- Mutton Boti 260 gm
- Mutton stock 150 ml
- Garlic chopped 3 gm
- Jeera 1 gm
- Salt 2 gm
- Green chilli 6 gm
- Flour 10 gm
- Atta 10 gm
- Eggs one to four
- Cherry tomato 10 gm
- Chopped coriander leaves 5 gm
- Synthetic vinegar 3 ml
- Sugar 4 gm
- Kola vinegar 4 ml
- Marinate boti with salt, slit chilli and oil leave it for 2 hours and keep aside.
- Heat oil add jeera, chopped garlic and saute, then add atta and maida and bhuno to remove raw flavour.
- Add mutton stock, allow to cook for a while, add boiled mutton in the sauce.
- Check seasoning, then finish with kola vinegar, egg and sugar.
- Garnish with chopped corriander and cherry tomato.
Macchi no Cutlet
- Fish Rawas 225 gm
- Coriander leaves chopped 5 gm
- For Roux:
- Butter 10 gm
- Flour 15 gm
- Spices: Deggi Mirch 2 gm
- Green Chilli 5 gm
- Turmeric powder 1 gm
- Cumin powder 2 gm
- Corriander powder 2 gm
- Salt 5 gm
- Egg 20 gm
- Bread crumbs 5 gm
- For frying 200 ml oil
- Fry fish for two minutes and keep aside over absorbing paper.
- Mix butter and flour to make roux, keep aside.
- Put fried fish in a bowl, roux, spices, chopped coriander and salt.
- Mix well to make round patties of 60 gm each.
- Dust with flour, dip with beaten egg and coat with bread crumb.
- Fry light golden colour to serve.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and coriander sprigs.
Papeta anjeer na cutlis
- Boiled potato 225 gm
- Salt 5 gm
- Flour 35 gm
- Butter 20 gm
- Coriander leaves 5 gm
- Dry Anjeer 35 gm
- Coconut chutney 3 gm
- Spices: Green Chill 5 gm
- Nutmeg powder 1 gm
- Wash and boil potato with salt, cool and grate.
- Mix butter and flour to make roux and keep aside.
- Chop dry anjeer and patrani chutney for stuffing and mix well.
- In a bowl, put grated potato, green chilli, nutmeg powder, salt and coriander leaves. Divide potato mixture in 45 gm each and stuff inside anjeer mixture, shape to make a round cutlet.
- Coat with bread crumbs and deep fry to till golden brown.
- Serve hot with sweet saunth and coriander chutney.
Recipe courtesy Chef Danesh Vakshoor, SodaBottleOpenerWala