The festivity has ebbed and it’s time to get back on track with those healthy resolutions, and here are some recipes just for that.
- Whole wheat flour 400 gm
- Sunflower oil 4 tbsp
- Water 200 ml
- Low sodium cottage cheese 800 gm
- Raisin 60 gm
- Almonds 200 gm
- Skimmed milk 1 tbsp
- Cooking oil spray 5 sprays
- Stevia powder 4 tbsp
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a bowl, mix 3 tbsp oil with flour. Mix thoroughly, using fingers, so that the mixture binds to a certain extent and starts taking the form of breadcrumbs.
- Add water, knead lightly. Keep adding water as required and knead into a soft dough. Set aside covered with a damp cloth.
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp oil, fry shredded paneer to a light golden brown colour.
- Add stevia and mix well.
- Add sliced almonds and raisins. Add milk and mix so as to make a moist filling.
- After a few more minutes, remove from the fire and cool.
- Roll out the kneaded dough into a chapati, thicker and smaller than a chapati.
- Fill half chapati with the paneer mixture, fold chapati, seal, twisting edges inwards.
- Grease baking tray using cooking oil spray and place the prepared gujias, keeping enough space between them. Spray on top of the gujias again before placing in the oven.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven at 400 F, for about 20 minutes turning over once in between, till they develop a golden brown crusty surface.
Hearty Italian Chicken Soup
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- A pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 10 gm parsley sprigs
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 6 (3-inch) strips lemon zest, cut from 1 lemon
- 1 small head fennel, Thinly sliced (2 cups), Fennel tops reserved
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 pounds bone-in chicken breasts, Skin removed
- 2 carrots, Sliced (1 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, Sliced (1 cup)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan, plus extra for passing
- 1 lemon juice
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion, crushed red pepper flakes and cook until onions soften, for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, tie parsley sprigs, lemon zest, and fennel tops together. Add herb bundle, 2 cups of water and chicken. Bring to a very gentle simmer, and simmer until the chicken is just cooked through, about eight to 10 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and set aside until cool enough to handle. Remove the meat from the bones in large strips, and set aside.
- Add sliced fennel, carrots and celery to the broth and season with salt to taste. Continue to simmer until the vegetables are just tender.
- Stir in the reserved chicken, baby spinach, and Parmesan until the chicken is heated through and the spinach is wilted. Discard the herb bundle. Stir in lemon juice, to taste. Ladle the soup into serving bowls and serve with additional Parmesan for passing.
Calorie count: Calories 261
Recipes courtesy Chef Sachin Talwar, executive chef, My Fortune Bengaluru.