This valentine’s Day, ditch eating out and score brownie points with these delicious easy-to-replicate recipes at home.
Vanilla baked yogurt with strawberries
Recipe by Chef Saveen Shetty of And It Was Called Yellow
- Strawberries: 8 (cut in cubes)
- Chocolate sponge crumble: 1/2 rd cup
- Old monk rum: 30 ml
- Hung curd: 1 cup
- Vanilla essence: 1/4th tsp
- Cream: 1/2 cup
- Milk maid: ½ cup
- Garnish: chocolate stick &mint leaves
- Mix cream, milkmaid, hung curd and vanilla essence together. Set in a baking container with water and bake like custard for 10 mins at 180 degree Celsius. Set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, whisk it till it turns smooth and keep in piping bag.
- Sprinkle rum on the crumbled sponge and keep aside.
- In a glass, layer it with soaked chocolate sponge followed by vanilla baked yoghurt and strawberries. Repeat the layers again and garnish with chocolate sticks, strawberries and mint leaves. Served chilled
Spicy Stir Fried Noodles
Recipe by Chef Prem Pradhan of Nara
- Flat Rice Noodles: 180 gms
- Red Chilli: 5 gms
- Basil: 5 gms
- Carrots: 2
- Chinese Cabbage: 2
- Kaffir Lime Leaves: 4 to 5
- Garlic: 10 gms
- Hot Basil Leaves: 4 to 5
- Young Peppercorns: 2 strands
- Dark Soy Sauce: 10ml
- Vegetable Oil: 10ml
- Salt: To Taste
- Sugar: On Pinch
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat and saute the garlic and chilli till translucent.
- Add the Chinese cabbage, carrots, kaffir lime leaves, young peppercorns and cook half-way.
- Once the vegetables are half-cooked add the steamed/boiled rice noodles to the pan
- Add dark soy sauce, light soy sauce and some sugar and salt.
- Toss and stir until the noodles are coated with the sauce and pick its colour
- Turn off the heat and stir in the basil leaves in. Partially cover the pan and let the basil wilt, about one minute
- Garnish with basil on the top and serve with young shallots and lime wedges at the side