Who says you have to go out for American food? These easy-to-make American corn recipes are perfect for chilly evenings at home.
Spinach and Corn Burger
- 1 Multigrain bun
- 1 Spinach and corn patty
- 1 tbsp Salsa
- Sunflower oil (for frying)
- Butter (as needed)
- Mayonnaise (as needed)
- Iceberg lettuce (as needed)
- Mustard (as needed)
Ingredients for Corn Patty:
- 50 gm Corn
- 20 gm Spinach
- 80 gm Potato
- Seasonings (as needed)
- 100 gm Bread crumbs
- Olive oil (for frying)
Ingredients for the Salsa:
- 10 gm Onion
- 5 gm Jalapeño
- 5 gm Tomato ketchup
- 2 gm Cilantro
- Pepper (as needed)
- Olive oil (for frying)
For Corn Patty:
- Saute corn, spinach and mix in boiled mash potato, drop in seasonings as required.
- Make a shape of burger patty and coat with bread crumb.
- Deep fry it in hot oil at 160°C.
- Mix all ingredients to make a salsa consistency.
For finishing the burger:
- 1.Cut the bun into two.
- 2. Apply butter, toast well.
- 3. Apply mustard, mayonnaise.
- 4. Put lettuce and fried pattie .
- 5. Put in salsa on top, cover with the bun
- 6. Serve with french fries.
Recipe by Chef Narinder Singh, executive chef, True Tramm Trunk
Creamed Corn Cake
- 100 gm American corn
- 10 gm Ginger
- Green chilli
- Seasonings (as required)
- 10 gm Cornflour
- Sugar (as required)
- Boil the American corn till cooked and tender.
- Divide the corn into two halves. Crush one half and keep the other half.
- Sauté the chopped green chilli, ginger, mix with both the kinds of corn.
- Make the cornflour slurry by mixing equal parts cornflour and water.
- Drop the corn mixture into the cornflour concoction.
- Grease a tray with high sides and pour the mixture into it. Smooth down the top and put it in the fridge it till it sets into cakelike consistency.
- Cut into squares and cook by either deep-frying or pan searing it in a non-stick pan.
Recipe by Chef Ganesh Gaonkar, Executive Chef, Fable
Spinach and American Corn Au Gratin
- 100 gm Spinach (clean and sliced)
- 50 gm American Corn Kernels (blanched)
- 50 gm Baby Corn (cut and blanched)
- 100 gm Cream
- 25 gm Chopped onion
- 10 gm Chopped garlic
- Salt to taste
- 5 gm Crushed pepper
- 5 gm Dry oregano
- 5 gm Chilli flakes
- 25 gm Mozzarella cheese
- To make heavy cream, put cream in a pan. Simmer in the stove while stirring continuously till the cream thickens. Finally, add salt and mix well.
- Chop onion, garlic, American corn and baby corn finely.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the chopped onion and garlic and sauté till they turn light brown.
- Add the chopped spinach and corn and cook on medium flame for four to five minutes. Add salt, pepper and oregano and mix well.
- Now add the heavy cream and cook for two minutes.
- Transfer this to a baking dish and sprinkle the rest of the grated cheese on top and grill in an oven till the cheese melts down.
- Garnish with parsley and cherry tomato.
- Serve hot.
Recipe by Ashvini Kumar, Executive Chef, Four Points by Sheraton Navi Mumbai