Easy-to-make scrumptious desserts that are sure to make not just your meal, but also your Christmas an unforgettable one!
Macerated fruit pudding with brandy sauce
For the fruit pudding
- 6 eggs
- 225 gm flour
- 245 gm butter
- 200 gm sugar
- 45 gm fruit jam
- 150 gm rum soaked fruits
- 10 gm baking powder
- 150 cocoa powder
- 3 gm clove powder
- 3 gm cinnamon powder
- Beat the egg and sugar together mix it well.
- Melt butter and jam. Add in the egg mixture; mix flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- Add the soaked fruit and spice powder, mix it in the egg mixture.
- Put the mixture in a greased pudding moulds and bake it for 25 minutes at 160 °C.
For the brandy sauce
- 50 gm butter
- 20 gm sugar
- 20 gm flour
- 60 ml brandy
- 3 ml vanilla essence
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add sugar and flour. Mix the brandy and vanilla essence in it.
- Your brandy sauce is ready.
Gingerbread Linzer Cookies
- 1-cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 11/3 brown sugar
- 11/3 ginger powder
- 1/3 cinnamon powder
- ¼ baking soda
- ¼ ground cloves
- ¼ salt
- 1/8 finely ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tsp milk
- Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, pepper, salt, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Scatter butter pieces over the flour mixture. Mix till it is resembles a sandy texture. Add milk and process until dough is evenly moistened and forms a soft mass.
- Divide the dough in half and roll into ¼ inch thickness between two large sheets of parchment paper. Place in refrigerator at least two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC.
- Cut the rolled chilled dough with cookie cutters of the desired shape.
- Place this dough on baking sheets. Place each cookie at least 1-inch apart.
- Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes depending on the size of your cookies.
- Cool the cookies before taking them off the parchment paper.
- Decorate with royal icing, sprinkles or chocolate balls.
Chef Pankaj Bhadouria hosts a show on Living Foodz
Snow caped chocolate and ginger cookies zabaglione
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup castor sugar
- 1/4 cup marsala wine
- 1 tsp cocoa
- Grated chocolate
- Whipped cream
- Ginger cookies
- Beat the egg yolk in double boiler, add sugar and mix it.
- Once the sugar melts, add cocoa and marsala in it.
- Mix it well with an electric wire whisk till it become thick and creamy. Add in the ginger biscuit chunks.
- Pour it in a glass and garnish it with grated chocolate and whipped cream.
Eggnog ice cream in tulip cookie cup
For the eggnog:
- 1-cup whip cream
- ½ cup condensed milk
- ½ cup dairy cream
- 2 eggyolks
- 5 gm cinnamon and clove powder
- Vanilla essence
For tulip cookie cups:
- 50 gm butter
- 50 gm honey
- 50 gm powder sugar
- 50 gm flour
For the eggnog:
- Beat the egg yolk; add whip cream, condensed milk and dairy cream. Mix it well. Add the spice powder and vanilla essence, store it in freezer till it sets.
For the cookies:
- Mix the ingredients and make dough. Make a small ball make a flat cookie out of it. bake it on 140 °C. Once it is baked, remove it from the over, and shape it like tulips. Serve it with ice-cream with mint garnish.
Recipe credit: Harish Devadkar, Dishkiyaoon. end-of