Doctors who examined him found that the chopstick had penetrated deep inside the skull and was in his brain.
Some objects used in day to day life may seem harmless but can end up causing a lot of damage in the absence of required precautions. While a child running around with scissors ended up stabbing himself in the face, another similar incident is pretty baffling.
A toddler in China had to be rushed to a hospital when he ended up with a chopstick lodged in his skull. Doctors performed a procedure overnight to remove the chopstick which was stuck in the skull through the child’s mouth.
The boy named Yang Yang was running with the chopstick in his hand when he tripped and fell as it pierced into his mouth. Doctors who examined him found that the chopstick had penetrated deep inside the skull and was in his brain.
The operation was difficult since the mask used to administer anaesthesia was obstructed by the chopstick. They had to cut a section of the stick and fit the mask on Yang’s face.
They opened the skull from the back of the boy’s head and found the tip of the chopstick which was removed from his oral cavity.