Harper developed Harper developed haemolytic uraemic syndrome (HUS) - a rare kidney condition that as a result of the bacteria.
In a shocking incident, a three-year-old is fighting for her life in hospital after catching deadly strain of E. coli on holiday in Norfolk
According to a report published in Mail Online, the three-year-old Harper Davis, from Haverhill in Suffolk is being treated at Nottingham Children's Hospital - a specialist centre for children with kidney problems - after she began to suffer from vomiting and diarrhoea.
Reports say that the Davis family, including mother and father Melissa and Dean, and their four children were enjoying a summer break earlier this month when their daughter fell ill.
After being rushed to hospital doctors confirmed she had a serious strain of E. coli.
Harper developed haemolytic uraemic syndrome (HUS) - a rare kidney condition that as a result of the bacteria.
It happens when red blood cells are destroyed and block the kidneys' filtering system.
She has suffered acute kidney failure, had seizures, peritonitis and developed diabetes as a result of her illness and has also had three blood transfusions and at least three operations.
Speaking to Sun Online, her mum, Melissa said, “We are in a living nightmare. We have had the most awful summer holidays. We ended up being blue lighted to Nottingham after 48hrs.'Harper's illness began with diarrhoea, although she was still playing with friends and siblings as she was fine in herself.”
'On day seven she began passing blood so we presented at our GP who requested stool samples, however upon inspection by me we went to A&E.'And thank god we did.'
Three weeks in hospital, she has been in and out of intensive care. Her little body is fighting against everything.