Taiwan man rummaged through his excreta to recover an accidentally swallowed AirPod.
Taipei: A man, known as Hsu, did the unthinkable when he rummaged through his poop to find his missing Apple AirPod. He also filmed himself doing the same, reported the LADBible.
Apple’s AirPods are quite expensive and would cost the man £65 to replace it so he chose to recover the lost one instead. Hsu said that he fell asleep with the earphones on and when he woke up, he found that the right one was missing. He used the ‘Find My AirPods’ feature to track it down, and it showed that it was in the same room as him.
“I could hear the 'beep, beep' sound, which seemed to follow me around the room,” he explained. After checking in every nook and cranny of the room, Hsu realised that the sound is coming from within his stomach. "I swallowed my Airpod!," he realised.
When he went to the Kaohsiung Municipal United Hospital, they confirmed that the AirPod was indeed inside his stomach. They gave Hsu a laxative and advised him to motinor his poop. If the AirPod didn’t pass through, he would need surgery to remove it.
The next day, when Hsu got a call of nature, he found the missing AirPod in it. In a great show of commitment to Apple products, he not only fished it out of his poop, he started wearing it again after cleaning it as well.
What was even more bizarre was that despite passing through a human digestive system, the AirPod was still in working condition. Speaking to Asia Wire, Hsu added: "The battery was still at 41 per cent! It was incredible." This extraordinary result could serve as a great advertising campaign for Apple; AirPods can be swallowed and pooped out, and still work at the end of the day.
"Due to the plastic shell around the AirPod, the risk of it causing him harm in a similar way to swallowing a regular lithium-ion battery is much lower," said Dr Chen Chieh-fan, of the emergency room at Kaohsiung Municipal United Hospital.