Sunday, Jan 29, 2023 | Last Update : 05:28 PM IST

  Life   More Features  09 Mar 2018  Man trying to burn cockroaches sets off explosion in his own house

Man trying to burn cockroaches sets off explosion in his own house

THE ASIAN AGE
Published : Mar 9, 2018, 5:05 pm IST
Updated : Mar 9, 2018, 5:05 pm IST

While the explosion damaged the kitchen and walls of the house, the shrapnel caused lacerations on the man’s head and hand.

Authorities pointed clear instructions on the spray to keep it away from a flame (Photo: Pixabay)
 Authorities pointed clear instructions on the spray to keep it away from a flame (Photo: Pixabay)

Nobody likes insects crawling around in their house and while many go for pest control some try to take matter in their own hands. But while cleaning your own surroundings is a great idea, going overboard can be disastrous.

A man from Australia was so fed up of cockroaches at his place that he came up with a rather extreme solution. The idea was to burn the roaches in the kitchen with an ignited can and an insect spray.

But in a shocking turn of events, the man ended up blowing up his house as his tools set off an explosion. While the explosion damaged the kitchen and walls of the house, the shrapnel caused lacerations on the man’s head and hand.

Authorities pointed clear instructions on the spray to keep it away from a flame. While there were others present in the house, the man was the only one injured and was rushed to a hospital.

Tags: viral story, explosion, cockroaches, pesticide