Saturday, Jun 22, 2024 | Last Update : 01:27 AM IST

  Metros   Mumbai  23 May 2018  Toddler dies due to ‘MBMC negligence’

Toddler dies due to ‘MBMC negligence’

THE ASIAN AGE. | SURESH GOLANI
Published : May 23, 2018, 2:29 am IST
Updated : May 23, 2018, 2:29 am IST

According to the police the incident was reported from Ganesh Dewal Nagar, a sprawling slum cluster in Bhayandar (west) at around 1.15 pm on Tuesday.

The police have lodged a case against four persons, including the contractor and three of his workers, for causing death by negligence and are likely to make arrests soon.
 The police have lodged a case against four persons, including the contractor and three of his workers, for causing death by negligence and are likely to make arrests soon.

Mumbai: An eight-year-old girl died of electrocution after accidentally coming into contact with live cable wires strewn around carelessly by welders of a private civic contractor engaged in the making and installation of a water tank in Bhayandar.

According to the police the incident was reported from Ganesh Dewal Nagar, a sprawling slum cluster in Bhayandar (west) at around 1.15 pm on Tuesday. The police have lodged a case against four persons, including the contractor and three of his workers, for causing death by negligence and are likely to make arrests soon.

The youngest of three siblings, the deceased identified as Nazreen Shaikh (8) was playing near her tenement when she accidentally stepped upon the exposed high voltage wires which had been laid by the workers to draw electricity from a nearby tenement.

Tags: electrocution, mbmc