Tuesday, May 17, 2022 | Last Update : 03:52 PM IST

  Metros   Mumbai  30 May 2018  7 injured as refrigerator explodes at residence in Maharashtra's Kolhapur

7 injured as refrigerator explodes at residence in Maharashtra's Kolhapur

PTI
Published : May 30, 2018, 2:07 pm IST
Updated : May 30, 2018, 2:07 pm IST

The blast occurred at around 7.30 am in rented house in Kolhapur due to short-circuit behind fridge.

The victims were admitted to a local hospital and they were reported to be out of danger. (Photo: ANI/Representational)
 The victims were admitted to a local hospital and they were reported to be out of danger. (Photo: ANI/Representational)

Mumbai: Seven people were injured when a refrigerator exploded in a house in Maharashtra's Kolhapur district in the morning of May 30, a police official said.

The blast occurred at around 7.30 am in the rented house in Kolhapur's Shiroli area, located about 370 km from Mumbai, apparently due to a short-circuit behind the fridge, he said.

 

Those who sustained injuries included two women and a minor girl, he said.

The victims were admitted to a local hospital and they were reported to be out of danger, the official said.

The MIDC Police has initiated a probe into the incident, he added.

Tags: refrigerator, short circuit, explosion
Location: India, Maharashtra, Mumbai (Bombay)